Monday, June 4, 2012

DIY Hot Pad Dish Towel

I don't know about you, but I LOVE all things multipurpose.  

If it's a one job tool, it doesn't belong in my kitchen!  
I know, that was a little harsh.
but I can't help it, its just how I feel.  

I just had to make one of these.  I loved the idea of a dish towel with hot pads in it.  I know Rachael Ray calls them Moppines, and hers are aprons as well, how wonderful is that, right?!?  I didn't make mine into an apron but it would be easy enough.

DIY Moppine...


So heres what you will need...

*Two dish towels (or one really large one folded in half)
*two hot pads


You probably already have that in your kitchen.  You could even use the hot pads that you are not super fond of but they are at least functional so you keep them around for back-up, you know the ones.  (They can be ugly, they're on the inside of the towels.)  But if not you can get a 2 pack of hot pads at the dollar store - thats where these towels came from too.



So, first you pin the towels wrong side together with the hot pads in opposite corners.....


Then just sew around the edges so the hot pads are on the inside... and done.          Super easy!   


Hot pad Here in this corner...
Hot pad here in this corner...


Ta-Da!!!  Just looks like a regular towel but its Faaabuuulouuusssss!!


Now use it.  What more can a girl ask for?

If you want to get really fancy you can put ribbon along one of the long edges and make it into an apron.  You could even put a pocket on the front.  Super cute, super easy, quick to sew, I made like three in less than 30 minutes.  And that includes kid involved interruptions.

I know you will love these, I think I am going to make a couple for Christmas presents too!!

Yeah for attempting to plan ahead... We'll see how that goes.

Anywho,

Happy Sewing...

-Sarah

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked this, check out some of our older posts, or follow us on Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment