Thursday, June 7, 2012

'Perk Me Up' Sugar and Coffee Body Scrub

Fathers Day is coming up...

Earlier this week I overheard my husband complaining to his brother about how his back is always itchy and I thought, what a better fathers day gift than to make him a body scrub!

Now I had to be careful, it couldn't be girly and frilly.  It couldn't be flowery and pretty.  It had to be MANLY, TOUGH, and not smell like roses.

I knew I could find something that would work great for my purposes, I just had to search harder.

Until I found this.  I altered the recipe for my tastes and here it is...



'Perk Me Up' Manly Body Scrub

1 1/2 cup sugar*
1/4 cup coffee grounds (instant or regular)**
1/3 cup oil (any kitchen oil you like) (I mixed olive and vegetable)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract



Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and spoon into your jar!  Simple as that!

*Also, the courser the sugar you use, the harder it will work for you.  I just used white table sugar.  If you got brown sugar your mix will be more moist, if you use cane sugar it will not dissolve as quickly so you will get more scrub out of it.  

**If you use the instant coffee grounds it will dissolve and will be less harsh on the skin.  Regular coffee grounds will be more scrubby.  Thats right, you heard me, more scrubby.

Happy Thursday everyone!

-Sarah


Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked Yuen Yarn, check out some of our older posts, or Follow us on Pinterest!

1 comment:

  1. Was wondering if you had any thoughts about adding some castile soap to this? I think getting in the shower with your man and using this on his back would be a good way to spoil him after a long day. Especially if he's a lover of back scratches. Lol

    ReplyDelete