Friday, July 13, 2012

Homemade sidewalk chalk paint

Sidewalk Paint

I don't know about your kids but mine like, LOVE to color on the sidewalk.  I have purchased sidewalk paint for them in the past but it never seems to last long enough.  They used it up so quickly and it was kind of expensive soooooooo.........


I thought, why not make my own, right?!?










I have seen it on pinterest a few times and thought I better try it.  Check out my boards for others that have tried it.  I used a recipe from Pink and Green Mama.  If you have never checked out her site, please do, it is a wonderful site for ideas of things to do with the kids!  

so, without further ado, here is the recipe!

DIY Sidewalk Paint

Ingredients:
  • Corn starch
  • food coloring
  • water


We used a cupcake pan, made it easier to move the colors around, then you can make as many colors as you want!


Put some corn starch in each cup

Add your food coloring (to get different colors I just added different amounts of each of the 4 colors. Mix and match, have fun with it)

True, you are not going to know what the color is going to look like until you mix in the water but it was easier for me to add the food coloring first then add the water when I got outside, then I didn't have to try not to spill the water!



Add the water when you get outside and there you have it.  Homemade sidewalk paint.

You can see there are additional kids in this pic....

CAUTION:  It will attract the neighbors kids!


The kids loved it!  They had so much fun painting the driveway.

And no worries, it will wash away with the next rain.  



























Happy coloring!
-Sarah


Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked Yuen Yarn, check out some of our older posts,
us on Facebook, or Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment