Friday, January 24, 2014

DIY Body Shop Quality Body Butter

The Best DIY Lotion Ever


I truly LOVE this recipe.  My husband has even told me never to buy lotion again he loves it so much.  It will beautifully moisturize your skin but soak in quickly.

May as well get right to it I suppose…  You will need:

1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup emylsifying wax
3 1/2 - 6 cups water (depending on how thick or thin you like your lotion.  I like about 5 cups since I put it in a pump.)
And essential oils of your choice





These are the essential oils I chose to use but you can use anything You love.

Step 1:

Melt all of your ingredients over low heat and blend with  your stick blender.  (This part is not necessary but I feel like it blend faster this way.  Your call though)


See, all blendy.  Now take it off the stove and add your essential oils.



I like to keep it in pump bottles.  I don't have a problem with keeping it out of the fridge for 6-8 weeks as long as it is in a pump.  If you keep it in a container it will mold faster than that.  (I think it's from everyone putting dirty hands in the jar.)  But like I said, in a pump it works well.

Oops, spilled a little...


Got it now...



And when you rub it in you are going to love how silky your hands feel!  Try it, seriously, you will never go back to store bought lotion.  And the entire process only takes about 20 minutes.

Now be forewarned, it will take up to 24 hours to cool completely and become this consistency.

Thanks for stopping by everyone, come back and visit us again soon,

 -Sarah

 We love that you stopped by and cant wait to see you again soon! If you liked Yuen Yarn, check out some of our older posts, Like us on FacebookFollow Me on Pinterest ,visit our ETSY shop, follow us on Instagram, follow us on twitter, or come see our website www.yuenyarn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment