Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Easy 6 Ingredient Lemon Chia Seed Muffins

6 Ingredient Banana Bread - Or Lemon Chia Seed if you're so inclined...



I know I have been gone as of late, not posting, not writing, not anything really.  But I'm back and ready to get typing again!  I have so much to share with you all that I will really have to write a whole  post about it but for now, lets just get started, shall we?


So, this is my sisters recipe and I have simply added Chia seeds and lemon extract to her already fabulous banana bread recipe to make it a little healthier.

This is one of the simplest recipes to whip up for hungry children in the morning.  I really love to have them on hand, pretty much all the time. And then the kids know that they can help themselves any time they like.


So the 6 ingredient recipe she gave me is:

2 overripe banans
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil or butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup flour


How simple, right?!?  (I've got it memorized since I make it so often.)


And aren't they cute.  I like to make the mini muffins for the kids, I find there is less waste if they an help themselves to 1 or 2 muffins rather than trying to finish a whole large muffin.

Now today I thought I wold try something new.  Why not add some chia seed to them, they are kind of like poppy seeds so I can make them lemon too.  Woohoo!  And they'll add a little protein and those fabulous antioxidants to my breakfast.

So I did the recipe above and added

2 tsp lemon extract
1/3 cup chia seeds

mix it all together…




























Yes, I use my food processor, sshhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone, that is why they have such high peaks, you shouldn't mix them so much.


But look how beautiful they turned out!  I was so excited I just had to share!  So here you go, and have a lovely morning!  And don't forget a good cup of coffee…  coffee, coffee, coffee… (I may have a problem, but we don't talk about it...)  or tea of course, or whatever your drink of choice!



Thanks for stopping by everyone, come back and visit us again soon,

 -Sarah

 We love that you stopped by and cant wait to see you again soon! If you liked Yuen Yarn, check out some of our older posts, Like us on FacebookFollow Me on Pinterest ,visit our ETSY shop, follow us on Instagram, follow us on twitter, or come see our website www.yuenyarn.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment