Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY Cake Stand From A Thrift Store Find

DIY Cake Stand

This is one of the simplest projects I have seen out there.  I really wanted to make a cake stand out of old plates I had found at the thrift store.  So here is my tutorial.  :)


 Isn't it cute?  I just love it!


First I bought a few matching plates at the thrift store along with an old candle holder.  I spray painted the candle holder purple (because I thought the girls would like it).

Then all you need to do is glue it.  I wanted to make sure it would stay so I used E-6000 glue.  That stuff will bond forever!


A little glue around the edges and place the plates on top.


Let dry and Ta-Da!  LOVE it!

Happy crafting!
-Sarah


Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked Yuen Yarn, check out some of our older posts, Like us on Facebook,  Follow Me on Pinterest, check out our ETSY shop, or visit our other web site Yuenyarn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment