Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Making Your Own Cleaning Supplies

DIY Cleaning Supplies

So, I have been making my own laundry soap for a while now and can I just say, I LOVE IT!  It is so much cheaper than buying, and so easy!

Soph has some skin issues.  It turns out she inherited her daddy's skin, and everything seemed to irritate it, so that is why I initially started, but since then I have realized how many other cleaning supplies I can make on my own.

SOOOOOOO, in short, I thought I would give you all my cleaning supply recipes.

I have adapted them from several different sources, but mostly from a book called; Green Clean: Eco Friendly Cleaning For The Home, And I LOVE it!  It has been a fabulous reference for making all sorts of different cleaning supplies for my house.

So, throughout the next few weeks I will be sharing several of the cleaning recipes I use and if you are interested in more, check out this book.

First I thought I would share with you some frequently repeated supplies for these recipes.

Ingredients for Cleaning Supplies:

  • Castile Soap (can be found at most health food stores, I even found it at GNC once.)
  • Vinegar  
  • Borax  (in the detergent isle at any grocery store.)
  • Lemon Juice
  • Baking Soda
  • Washing soda (also made by arm and hammer, can be found in laundry isle or at hardware stores near pool supplies)
  • Hydrogen Peroxide
That is it!  Not too difficult.  I use the liquid castle soap rather than the bars that need to be grated but that is just for my convenience.

Not all of these supplies are pictured, the washing soda is in a container that looks like baking soda but it says on the front of the box right under the brand name 'Washing Soda'.

Good luck finding your supplies, we will start tomorrow!
-Sarah


Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked Yuen Yarn, check out some of our older posts, Like us on Facebook,  Follow Me on Pinterest , visit our ETSY site or see us at www.yuenyarn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment