Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DIY Laundry Soap

Homemade Laundry Soap

Here it is, the first homemade cleaning product I made.  I have been using this recipe for a while now and I really like it.  My cloths come out clean and smelling great and I feel good about what I am using because I know exactly what is in it.  

Its fabulous, really!



So here is my recipe for Laundry Soap:

Ingredients:
1 cup castile soap
1 cup borax
4 cups vinegar
4 cups water

plus baking soda (do not add this to the mixture, you will have a volcano!)

Completely dissolve the borax in the water.  Once dissolved, add the remaining ingredients together.  

And done!

Super easy right.  I have found that dissolving the borax is made easier by using warm or even hot water.  Just makes it go a bit faster.  Aside from that the whole process takes about 5 minutes.  This recipe will make about 1/2 gallon of soap.  Enough to refill that old laundry soap bottle you have and will last just as long.  

Now to use, I use a cap full of laundry soap followed by about a 1/4 cup of baking soda with each wash.  Works like a champ!

Happy cleaning!
-Sarah


Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked Yuen Yarn, check out some of our older posts, Like us on Facebook, Follow Me on Pinterest , visit our ETSY site or our web site www.yuenyarn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment