Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Spiced Blueberry Jam

Blueberries....  EVERYWHERE...



So obviously I had a few blueberries.  I really love blueberries.  They are sooooooo wonderful and full of antioxidants and everything else that is wonderful in life...  The kids one them too.  Usually we go blueberry picking every year but it is not quite time for that yet.  Soon my pretties, very soon!

So I wanted to make all sorts of wonderful things to have blueberries all through the season.

Soooooooo,  I made a frozen blueberry pie to save for later, and now I want blueberry jam.  But not just any blueberry jam, I wanted something really special, something that will knock your socks off!  So we spiced it up a bit and you are really going to LOVE it!  (If you were in my head I sang that to you!)

Spiced Blueberry Jam


3 cups bluberries
3 Tbsp low to no sugar pectin
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup water








Place blueberries in pot.

Sprinkle pectin, nutmeg, and ground ginger over the top.

Add lemon juice and vinegar.












When liquid starts to simmer start mashing berries.  Allow to come to a boil, add sugar and water.













Mix thoroughly, allow to come to a complete HARD boil for 1 minute.








Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes.




Place in prepared jars and water bath for 10 minutes.















Let cool on wire rack until all the lids 'pop'.
















Now, here comes my favorite part,


take the rest of the jam leftover in the pot,


throw in some nuts of choice,


stir around


and eat!





Oh, yummy.  So very delicious!










Happy Jammin' everyone (That's right, I went there)
-Sarah


Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked Yuen Yarn, check out some of our older posts,
us on Facebook, or Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment