Ummm, Yummy! Don't those look delicious? This post is Anne's Super Secret Enchilada Recipe. Ok, well, maybe it's not super secret, but it makes is sound even more delicious when you say it is a secret recipe, right?
Anyway, these are sooooooo delish that I just had to share them with you. I was really craving mexican the other day and so I called my sister to see what recipes she had and this is the gem she cam up with.
Here are the ingredients:
- refried beans
- black beans (optional)
- cooked chicken
- hot pepers of your choice (optional)
- Cream of _________ (whatever) soup
- Or make a quick rue
First: cook your chicken
Then: lay out your tortillas and make an assembly line style area to start piling on the ingredients
Really there is no science to this. I put the refried beans down first, chicken, salsa, and black beans in the tortilla.
Next: roll up the tortillas and place fold down in the pan.
1 cup shredded cheese and
2 fresh jalapeños.
Or pour your soup over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
Now, place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Doesn't that look devine! Oh, and it is sooooo tasty. I made two pans and put one in the freezer for another day.
Tips and tricks to make this a healthier super quick meal....
- You can always slice up some chicken breast and cook them up in the pan (which is what I did), or to make it faster by buying a pre cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I love these things, they are sooooo handy. I make many meals this way and it always seems that we can get about 2 meals out of 1 chicken. And what a cheep way to make a faster meal. Nice!
- Make a rue: (Cutting out canned soup really is an easy way to make any recipe healthier)
- 2 Tbls Butter
- 1 Tbls flour
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- Melt butter in a pan
- whisk in flour until incorporated completely
- cook over med heat until slightly browned (this will get rid of the floury flavor)
- whisk in milk until its the right creamy constancy for you. You can add more or less to your liking.
- and done.
- For a cheese sauce, add cheese. For a creamy alfredo sauce, add parmesan and garlic and onion...
There are a million reasons to make a rue, I make them for meals at least twice a week. It is a super easy way to make a cream sauce or thicken soup or thicken gravy or ... Well you get the idea.
Hope you enjoy as much as I did,