Saturday, May 12, 2012

Strawberry Champagne preserves


When I saw this I just had to try it.  It was absolutely decadent.  I found the idea on Pinterest then followed the links to here for the recipe.  There you can find the original recipe.  I altered it a little, probably just because I can't leave well enough alone.  And don't try the recipe first, then alter it, just go in and change stuff right off the bat.  Whatever... don't be judgey, its just how I roll.  We eat a lot of experimental food... sometimes I fail!  Horribly... I have a very forgiving family!

Aaannnyway, 


Super simple ingredients (oops, I forgot to picture the sugar)

Here is my recipe:
4 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup dry champagne
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 T Ball flex batch low to no sugar pectin



1 CUP OF SUGAR... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!  Thats right, when I went to the store to pick up this flex batch pectin I found this low to no sugar type.  So I cut down the sugar to see how that would work.  

I had never used the flex batch pectin, it is a powder, and there is a conversion chart on the back if your used to using packets. 

Enough chit chat:  GO...


  
Start with your strawberries (4 cups), top & quarter.


 
Place in stock pot along with 1/2 cup champagne. 



cook down until it looks like this. (about 20 minutes)

Add in your sugar (1 cup) and lemon juice (1/4 cup) and bing to a full boil. 

Add in the pectin and return to a full boil for 1 full minute.  

Finally turn off the heat and add in the final 1/2 cup champagne. 

Ladle into your jars, place your heated lids and rings on top and boil in water bath for  10 minutes.  

Let set overnight and make sure of your seal.  
How to make strawberry champagne preserves, DIY strawberry champagne jam


 There it is.  And we just love it!  As I said before, it is absolutely decadent.  We love it!  

Try it, you are going to love it too.

Let me know what you think.  

-Sarah 


1 comment:

  1. Was looking for a good Strawberry jam recipe.
    Was wondering, how many 1/2 pint jars does this make?
    Thank you
    ColleenB.
    Texas

    ReplyDelete