Monday, June 25, 2012

10 Minute Biscuits

Baking Powder Biscuits

As long as I can remember I have made these.  They are seriously soooo easy and delish!  My husband reminded me the other day that we hadn't had them in a while.  He not only eats them with dinner but then has them for dessert with butter and peach jam.  

Here is the easiest biscuit recipe you will ever have...

10 Minute Biscuits

2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk










Mix all dry ingredients.














cut in shortening















mix in milk
















Roll out the dough and cut into biscuits,






















Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.  

Ok, maybe it takes 12 minutes.  The 2 extra minutes are to gather ingredients and put them all together.  


I used half whole wheat flour and half white flour, which is why they look a little differnt here.

Your going to love them, just like our family does and you will make them when your in a pinch for a starch with your meal, or when your looking for something sweet after dinner with butter and jelly.  (I think that is my husbands favorite, eat them with dinner, then as dessert too!)  Enjoy!

-Sarah

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked Yuen Yarn, check out some of our older posts, follow us on Facebook, or Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment